Congratulations Class of 2023!
MED 2023 Debt Counseling Guide
Managing Your Money During Residency
Q. Where do I find information on how to make payments on my Federal Direct Loans?
A. Go to Make a Student Loan Payment to find federal student loans. i.e. Perkins and Stafford Loans.
Q. Where do I find the address & phone information for my lender(s)?
A. Got to Who’s My Student Loan Servicer? for lender details on any Federal Direct Loan.
Q. How can I receive my official University of Florida transcript?
A. Transcript ordering information is available at UF Office of Registrar for any current or former student.
Q. How can alumni change their address with the University of Florida?
A. Former students must submit address changes in writing to Office of the University Registrar, PO Box 114000, Gainesville, FL 32611-4000 or Fax: 352-392-1914. . Please include name, UFID, date of graduation and signature.
College of Medicine Loans—The billing and servicing of University of Florida student loans is administered by Heartland Campus Solutions, ECSI. ECSI is a billing servicer for the University, not a collection agency. If you have questions regarding your statements contact ECSI directly at 1-888-549-3274.
- COM Development and Alumni Office – 352-273-7986
- Cost of Living Comparison between cities – Check where you are going with what you will be making.
- Rent vs. Buying Calculator
- Paycheck Calculator – What’s my take home?
- Repayment Calculator
- Direct Loan Interest Rate Chart and other interest questions
- Exit Counseling through ECSI Mandatory for UF & COM loans
- How to Complete Exit Counseling
- Internship/Residency Forbearance Request
- Mandatory Forbearance Provision (pdf)(Graduating medical students)
- Medloans Organizer & Calculator
- Primary Care Loan
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Hospital Look-up on type of owner. Possibly qualifying for PSLF.
- Student Loan History – studentaid.gov list all Federal Loans, lender for each loan, interest rate, etc.
- Loan Servicers
- Employment Certification for PSLF
- IRS Information — i.e. Lifetime Learning Credit, Student Loan Interest Deduction, Education IRA’s
- Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA) – Tool that provides answers to several tax law questions specific to your individual circumstances.
- A HOTLINE is available for information regarding the amounts paid as tuition or interest on loans. Call UFS at (352) 846-3808 if you haven’t received a 1098-T form by February 15th.
- National Health Service Corps – Job vacancies search
- Loan Repayment Programs through NIH
- Any commercial sites listed are for your convenience only. UF College of Medicine has no financial connection to them or held responsible for their content.
- HOME MORTGAGE INFORMATION for the ‘Doctor Loan’
** Up to 100% financing & No PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance).
Here are some lenders who offer the “Doctor Loan”:
- PhysicianLoans.com – Home mortgage. 1-877-913-6286.
- SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. – Call Susan Edmonds at 1- 352-339-7217 NMLSR# 659597
- Always compare companies before you make a decision.